Tuesday, March 20, 2007

You will be hungry very shortly..











Intro to baking with Chef Amy was so much fun!! I got to know a side of me that I never knew existed: A baker side. I've never had the guts to work with yeast of any kind and we worked with it almost daily. This whole first week was strictly yeast doughs. Second week was quick breads and puff pastry. Third week was flaky doughs.



There was my white bread baking away.. The oven had four levels with four separate openings.








Finished product..









Baguettes...









Old fashioned Apple pie. (see the apple??)









Focaccia at home with ham and cheese and mac n' cheese for Jonathan. (it's his favorite)








Milk bread which is insanely simple and delicious!!









Cinnamon rolls in the front, Brioche two different ways in the back.









The fruit tart was a team effort, as you can see.










Here is another groups pear tart. My groups didn't work out so well..








Jam tarts. Very fun to make! Not to mention delicious..









Our turnovers before we added cream cheese..








Here is our presentation plate for blitz puff pastry day. The red thing is a turnover cut in half.








Cream puff and cream puff swan.









Eau claires and Jonathan's cream filled turtle. Isn't he cute?






THE MAKING OF A STRUDEL>>


Here is Chef Amy, doing her strudel dough pulling demo.









There is my dough..pulled almost to the size of the table.








Apple filling in...








Rolled with tablecloth..ends removed.











Brushed and ready for the oven..









Finished product.





This class was shorter than I would have liked it to be (3 weeks), but I will get to bake more later in Advanced Baking down the road.


No comments: