Friday, April 6, 2007

Done with Intro to Culinary II , on to Intro to Baking..

Wow! Sorry I left everyone hanging. I knew that school would become a huge part of my life, but I didn't know it would overcome me. That's all the complaining I am going to do for now, because I love school too much to think of it negatively. For the past 3 weeks, I was in Intro to Baking, and after exploring every basic part of baking, I finished up the class with an A, and actually considered switching to the Baking program during the process. My Gen Ed class during this time was Speech, which I mentioned in one of the speeches (the special occasion speech) that I really was going to switch to night classes, and change from Culinary to Baking. I thought it was pretty clever, hehehe...but completely not true. I fooled a lot of people that day. I fooled them so much that they were surprised to see me in class the following Monday!

IN OTHER NEWS..This past week, (2nd-6th), I have been running around the cities doing interpreting work, and it as kept me more busy than these last three weeks of school put together. So much running around, and sometimes in vain..can wear a person down. (3 No-Shows all together) But, here I am, still alive, and done translating for the week! YAY! On Monday, we start Garde Manger, which I will know more about when I began, but in French it means "Fit to Eat" or something close to that. The class will basically teach us about food quality, presentation, etc. At any rate, the knife cuts that worried me in the beginning are an everyday thing in this class, otherwise known as the 'appetizer' class. General Ed class is Cost Control. ( doesn't sound too fun, but we need it)
My zip disk is not working at the moment, otherwise I would download all my pictures from baking. I will try again later. But for now, accept my apologies for letting a month slip by since my last entry. Happy Easter EVERYBODY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it'll get better kiddo. I've spent many a night up until 2 am at my $40 Wal Mart drawing table finishing assignments. I guess without that extra effort and lots of encouragment from Michel I never would of gotten a degree. Don't forget to have fun!