Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hard at work and NO MORE CLASSES!!


Okay, everyone needs to try and forgive me for not having time or energy to write anything. These last couple months have been very scary, emotional and HEAVY DUTY for me. Now I Can say that I am done with classes as of the 21st and I am so glad! The last two classes were the hardest, first set, we were in the restaurant at school waiting tables. It gave me a new appreciation for waitstaff - for sure! And the last class was Back of the House, or BOH, where we got a taste of what it COULD be like in a real restaurant. With a capacity of 50, the restaurant was surprisingly busy, due to the time of year. At work, I am used to 250-350+ a night, and have trained myself with the mentality - GET ER DONE.
I chose to do my internship at my current job because I want to see how far it will go - and if I wouldn't have gotten a job there early, they would have never paid me my internship! With a child and bills, I could have never afforded to do what some people in my class are doing: working for free! One guy in my class went to the Playboy Mansion: Nice!




I'm not gonna lie, I will miss every single person that I met doing this! There are so many great new memories to cherish, and friends that I will keep in touch with forever!



























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow Emily!! you're awesome,...."I'm proud of you, I'm proud of you, I hope that you are proud of you too!!

ha!! little Mr. Rogers song there for ya! keep it up and git er done!!

Jeremy