Monday, May 21, 2007

Garde Manger Review (3 weeks later)

Ah, the art of cold food.. This Donkey was sitting in the window of the Advanced Garde Manger class that I am looking forward to taking in the last weeks of school..but until then, it is fun to imagine what else we will be doing in that class being taught the how-to's by the only French instructor in the school.

Back to Intro to Garde Manger:

Oil and vinegar tasting day...
Produce indentification day...

A nap.....Salad constructions: my cooler salad was prettier than it was to try and eat..
Tabbouleh salad...
Fig and walnut salad, Nicoise salad and cesar salad....
one of our Chef instructor's amazing plating ideas.. (using pumpkin seed oil)

Here is a close up of the canape (finger sandwich) that I made up.... with a cheese and avocado spread..delicious.

Here was the entire plate full for presentation....Here is a shot of my Chef instructor Farley, taking the votes for the salsa contest...

Here is my salsa creation...Made mostly of cactus..it didn't win, but I got a lot of compliments on originality!

Here is the line of salsas..Cold soup day..

Here is the Chef's plating of the soups using a balsamic reduction as a plating sauce.

Here is an extreme close up of the Gazpacho, which we learned is great for hangovers..
Club sandwich..

Chicken and Roasted red pepper panini..


I still don't know if I liked this class more because of the Chef Instructor, or because of what we learned. All I really know is that I wish it was longer than 3 weeks!!

:-(

No comments: