Friday, April 27, 2007

Last day of Garde Manger.

We heard about the fun that we would have in Garde Manger even before we started school, it seems like. Our teacher, Chef Farley was a gem. She is the most energetic out of all the chefs that I have had so far about her subject: Garde Manger, or "keep to eat." The class is basically about keeping cold food fresh and presentable, uncluding sanitation, preparation and plating.

Our second to the last day (yesterday) of class was our Practical Final for Garde Manger where we all had to make the list of things that she outlined, and plate them.
I started with my dressings since I couldn't make my Cesar salad without it, we had to also make Mayo and a Vinegrette of our choice. I picked Kiwi-Lime Ginger Honey Vinegrette. I'm not going to lie: it was amazing. Chef Farley liked it too!

We also had to make tea sandwiches: These are my cucumber tea sandwiches..



Here is the plating of my Cesar salad:


When Chef Farley gave me my final grade I told her that I was sad to go. I think we all were. She is something special. She was also very generous with my grade (98.55% overall...hey, I can brag, can't I?) and closed our last conversation with, "it was a pleasure."
I will post all the pictures from this class at a later date because I don't have my Zip drive with me.
Have a good weekend everybody!! I know I will!!

No comments: