Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cooking, Working, Changing Diapers, REPEAT,...

Here we are in October and it's almost Halloween! Jonathan is going to be Captain Jack Sparrow this year, and Timmy will probably go as a cute baby in a skeleton onesie ;-) I bought him a pumpkin costume, but his legs are too long for it now.

Recent Happenings:

I went back to work after 3 months off with the new baby! Yay! Jonathan started 1st Grade this year and God bless his poor teacher,..one of the things I warned her about before school started was that he has been pent up with me, Grandma and the baby since little baby Timmy came in July. Poor kid. We would all go places occasionally, but it was too hot to take walks a lot of the time, and other days we were all sleeping in shifts, so , whomever would be awake would be trying to entertain Jonathan. :-(

Since going back to work on Oct. 5th, things are finally starting to become a working, but mostly unbearable routine. Mom quit her job to watch the kids, so she is with me from Mon-Fri, and sometimes Saturday. On a daily basis: I pump at work in the morning, bring that milk home at noon, feed the baby and eat simultaneously, get back to work, pump in the afternoon and bring that milk home at night. My lunch is 45 min long, and it takes me 10-12 minutes to get home. It's been wear and tear on my car and myself, but on the bright side-it's for a very good reason!!

I'm interviewing for 2 jobs this week, hoping that one of the two is a better fit, because besides my current job's 45 minute lunches, the hours aren't very "family friendly" at all. SO, gimmie a 9-5, and pay me a dollar more...or gimmie a 7-3 and give me a 401k with profit sharing, and I'm yours..
At the place I'm at, they charge 1100.00 a MONTH for Health insurance and their 401k only matches half of 2% - for those of you who have 401k, you know that sucks if you have kids and you can't afford to put much in every pay period.. So, I don't have a 401k or Health Insurance through my job (obviously), but would LOVE to work for a place that appreciated me in more ways than an hourly paycheck.

So I'm moving on... hopefully by mid-November. Yeah, maybe I'll drive a little farther but I will be HAPPIER and MORE ENTHUSED about coming in to work everyday, especially if they offer hour lunches!!

When your life outside of work is stressful, it's nice to know that a job doesn't have to be THAT stressful also.

Adios

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.