Thursday, July 24, 2008

Stuck in a cubicle, again..

What can I say?? I gave in again to the debt collection world. I try to be the 'helpful one' 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. That's right-business hours. Working exactly where I worked when I was pregnant with Jonathan, 5 years ago. The restaurant I was at was going down, and I had to give my 2 weeks before I sunk with them. It truly broke my heart. I adore my chef and I feel horrible. But when I had to wait weeks to cash my payroll checks, I knew it was time.
Now I'm at a place that puts my hard earned money, right where it belongs, every two weeks like clockwork. It doesn't last, of course-but such is life.
I'm not throwing my cooking away at all, I'm perfecting at home, what will someday be a catering business- big or small. That is my aspiration more than renting at an outrageous price, to sell food at outrageous prices, to make ends meet.
Not my idea of paradise.


Til next time-
The Chef

No comments: