Sunday, February 24, 2008

New phase of the internship..a happier one! :)

Last Monday after coming back to the cities from a weekend excursion, I went to work. I ironed my uniform in the locker room, and got myself ready for a night of service. The AM Sous Chef poked her head in and asked to speak with me. She led me out into the empty dining room to a table, where my Executive Chef and PM Sous Chef sat. It took them only a few short minutes for me to realize how much I have learned from my first restaurant experience, and that the frist ever professional culinary experience was now over. I learned so much, and I will take my knowledge with me. What I learned can never be replaced, and I thank the family and friends that I will keep from my time there. I feel that in many ways, the timing lacked heart, but this is my first step up the staircase to the beginning of my career. Ironically, my last post was written the night before it happened. It just proves how fast things can change. In an industry like this, nothing is truly certain.

Fortunately, with my soon-to-be Le Cordon Bleu Certificate, I landed a new job, starting the following Friday, making more than I had at my previous restaurant.

I really love it at my new home : a restaurant not even a year old in downtown Minneapolis!

I took this picture with my cell at work today: it pretty much sums it up!!



"Success is brewing"

No comments: